Foster some fuzz. All of the fun of having a pet without the long-term commitment.
Fostering gives dogs and cats the time, love and care they need to find everlastingly homes. Plus, it opens up quad for another pet to be rescued, which is particularly important right now. Foster homes are all-important for saving lives .
And did you know that fostering a positron emission tomography will help you, besides ? Studies have shown that having a pet can help reduce stress and anxiety. Whether you prefer kat snuggles or dog kisses, we have a furred supporter who can make your days a little felicitous. We ’ ll give you everything that you need to care for your foster pet, including supplies, vet manage and support .
Find a foster positron emission tomography who fits in absolutely with your family .
Foster a dog
Reading: Foster a pet
Foster a kat
Foster a kitten
Existing volunteer ? Click HERE to foster .
Fostering a pet with Best Friends in LA
Best Friends ‘ foster program helps LA ’ s most at-need pets : large breed dogs, adult cats, minor kittens ( bottle babies and older ) and medical/special needs pets. If you love pets but aren ’ thymine quick to adopt, opening your base as a foster is a great way to help out ! If you have pets and are able to provide extra space for a foster positron emission tomography, we would love to have your help oneself excessively ! Your foster favored may need a little training, aesculapian concern or just some supernumerary attention. We ’ ll provide everything else to set you up for success .
here ’ s how it works :
- You provide: a temporary place to crash
- You receive: food and supplies, veterinary care, and access to a 24-hour emergency line
- You provide: care and love
- You receive: endless love from your foster pet and the satisfaction of helping animals in need
Yep, all those bleary grins, grateful wags and outright cuddles can be yours. The bonus ? Your commitment today can help bring Los Angeles to no-kill.
What type of pets can I foster?
Cats & Kittens
This class, we will see around 10,000 kittens ( two months of age or younger ) enter the Los Angeles city shelters who are in indigence of pressing rescue and care. We are looking for irregular foster homes for hundreds of baby kittens. The foster period typically lasts a short 2-3 weeks. The kittens are then returned back to us so we can find them a love, permanent home .
We are besides looking for foster homes for adult cats in need of a tax shelter break. Adult cats would prefer to be in a foster home plate for a minimum of 4 weeks. As an adult caterpillar foster, you ‘ll provide us with valuable information about your foster caterpillar ‘s personality and how they are in a home environment. This will help us find a fantastic family for your foster positron emission tomography.
sign me up !
Existing volunteer ? Click HERE to foster kittens or cats .
We have dozens of dogs ( predominantly big engender dogs ) looking for a break from the protection – take one home today ! By fostering an pornographic pawl, you ’ re able to help us learn more about each pet ’ sulfur individual personality and how they adjust to home life, which is valuable information to interested adopters. The foster menstruation typically lasts 2-3 weeks, but could be a short as a few hours or a pair of days. As a foster, you can besides help us find a constantly family for your foster darling. Get started nowadays by completing our quick and easy on-line foster orientation .
sign me up !
Existing volunteer ? Click HERE to foster a pawl .
Make a difference!
Who will you be helping?
- All animals we rescue come from the six LA city shelters: East Valley, West Valley, West LA, North Central, South Los Angeles and Harbor
- There are 30-40 underage kittens coming into our city shelter facilities EVERYDAY during kitten season that are in need of a foster home
- To see the latest numbers, visit LA Animal Services
- Our greatest at-risk population is kittens under 8 weeks of age, especially bottle babies under 3 weeks of age
- Willing to complete online orientation (~15-20 minutes), which includes creating a volunteer profile, watching a video orientation and digitally signing accompanying forms
- If under the age of 18, you must have the permission to foster from someone over 18 years old in your household, as they will be the responsible party in our system. The responsible guardian will need to be the one who completes the volunteer profile and orientation
- Reliable transportation and access to a computer with the ability to schedule your foster animal for appointments
Can’t foster, but want to help?
If you ’ d like to make a contribution to our foster care program, you can shop our Amazon wishlist :
Email fosterLA @ bestfriends.org .