Reading: Coney Island Hot Dogs
If you ’ ve been following taste and Tell for awhile, you know that I kinda love hot dogs. In fact, I have posted full weeks filled with hot dog recipes. well, it ’ s been way excessively long since I ’ ve even talked about a hot dog, so I decided to repost this Coney Island Hot Dog Recipe. Would you believe I made this Coney Island Hot Dog Recipe 4 times to get it how I wanted it ? Let ’ s merely say my syndicate has had their filling of hyrax dogs for the next fiddling while. ( Me, on the other hand ? I don ’ triiodothyronine think I could ever get nauseated of them ! ! )
What is a Coney Island Hot Dog?
I have read article after article on-line about traditional coney island hot dogs, and I am convinced that no one will ever agree on what a “ true ” coney island hot andiron recipe is. And that ’ s ok by me. I ’ ve never been to Coney Island, and I ’ ve never had an authentic coney island hot frank. And I find it funny that it doesn ’ metric ton seem like they even originated on Coney Island – but from Greek and macedonian immigrants in Michigan. One thing that everyone will agree on, though, is something that sets a rabbit island hot dog aside from a chili frump – the sauce is an all kernel sauce. No beans. I do love a good chili pawl ( with beans ! ) but you won ’ t find that lapp sauce on a coney pawl. Another thing that distinguishes a rabbit cad is serving it topped with onions and mustard.
How to Make the Coney Sauce
- Start by browning the ground beef and onion.
- Add your spices, followed by the tomato sauce, water, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer the mixture until it is thickened, about 20 minutes.
What to serve with Coney Island Hot Dogs
More Hot Dog Recipes:
Bread it and fry it – this Corn Dog Recipe is paragon ! These hawaiian Hot Dogs are the perfect dessert and savory recipe. Can ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate decide between pizza or hot dogs ? Have them both with these Pizza Dogs ! I always love a bit of Tex-Mex, and these Mexican Hot Dogs are the perfect way to get my situate. Skip Taco Tuesday and make these Taco Dogs alternatively.
Looking for more free recipes?
subscribe to my dislodge recipe newsletter to get new kin friendly recipes in your inbox each week ! Find me sharing more family-friendly inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram .
Coney Island Hot Dogs
★★★★★ 4.4 from 7 reviews
- homework time : 15 minutes
- cook prison term : 30 minutes
- full time : 45 minutes
- succumb :
- category : Main Dish
- method acting : Stove Top
- cuisine : american english
Print RecipePin Recipe
People may disagree on what makes an authentic Coney Island Hot Dog, but you will agree that this Coney Island Hot Dog Recipe is delightful ! perfectly spiced, wax of season, this is one hot andiron recipe you ’ ll want to keep on file !
pound ground gripe
diced yellow onion
2 1/2 tablespoons
hot andiron buns
- Shredded tall mallow, finely dice onion, and scandalmongering mustard, for serving
- place a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the ground beef and the onion.
Cook, breaking up the gripe as it cooks, until the gripe is browned and the onion is soft.
Stir in the chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and celery strategic arms limitation talks and cook for an extra 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boiling point, then reduce the estrus and simmer for 20 minutes, or until thickened.
( If the chili becomes besides thick, add more water to loosen it up. )
- While the sauce is simmering, heat the oven to 300ºF. Wrap the bun in foil and place in the oven and bake until heated through, about 10 minutes .
- Put the hot dogs in a big saucepan and report with body of water. Bring to a seethe and cook the hot dogs until they are heated through, 5-8 minutes .
- To serve, place the hot dogs in the buns and top with the chili. If desired, top the chili with shred tall mallow, finely diced onion and chicken mustard .
Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray April 2010 nutrition data provided as an estimate lone. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional data should be used as a general usher. nutriment information does not include toppings .
- Serving Size: 1 hot pawl
- Calories: 490
- Sugar: 8 deoxyguanosine monophosphate
- Sodium: 1261 magnesium
- Fat: 28 deoxyguanosine monophosphate
- Saturated Fat: 12 thousand
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 guanine
- Trans Fat: 1 deoxyguanosine monophosphate
- Carbohydrates: 35 gravitational constant
- Fiber: 3 gram
Read more: Why Is My Dog’s Poop White? | Great Pet Care
- Protein: 25 gigabyte
- Cholesterol: 81 magnesium
Keywords : rabbit island hot dog, hyrax sauce, hot dogs, chili dogs