Treatment for Dog and Cat Bites and Scratches
How to deal with dog or cat bites and scratches
When your child is bite or scratched by an animal, be calm and reassure your child that you can help. Your child ‘s healthcare supplier will determine specific treatment for an animal sting. treatment may include :
For shallow bites from a family positron emission tomography that is immunized and in good health :
- Wash the hurt with soap and water under imperativeness from a faucet for at least 5 minutes. Don ’ thyroxine scrub as this may bruise the weave. Apply an antiseptic lotion or skim.
- watch for signs of infection. These include fever, increased red or pain, and swelling, or fluid leak, or crimson streaks from the bite. Call your child’s healthcare supplier correctly aside if any of these occur .
For deeper bites or puncture wounds from any animal, or for any bite from an nameless animal :
If the bite or abrasion is bleeding, apply press to it with a clean bandage, fabric, or towel to stop the run. If bleed does n’t stop after 15 minutes of blackmail, call your healthcare provider.
Read more: Why Do Dogs Lick You?
- Wash the hurt with soap and water under atmospheric pressure from a faucet for at least 5 minutes. Don ’ metric ton scrub as this may bruise the tissue .
- Dry the wound and cover it with a aseptic dressing. Don ’ thyroxine function record or butterfly bandages to close the hoist. This could trap harmful bacteria in the hurt .
Call your child ‘s healthcare provider for help in reporting the attack and to decide if more discussion is needed. This may include antibiotics, a tetanus booster, rabies vaccine, or repair of the wind with stitches. This is identical crucial for bites on the face or for bites that cause deeper skin puncture wounds. It is important to tell your child ‘s healthcare supplier about all caterpillar bites, particularly around the hands and wrist. These injuries are known for frequently causing infection.
Read more: Why Is My Dog’s Poop White? | Great Pet Care
- If possible, find the animal that caused the wind. Some animals need to be captured, confined, and closely watched for rabies. Don ’ thymine sample to capture the animal yourself. rather, contact the nearest animal warden or animal control condition office in your sphere .
- If the animal ca n’t be found or is a bad species ( raccoon, pot, or bat ), or the animal attack was motiveless, your child may need a series of rabies shots .
Call your child’s healthcare supplier for any flu-like symptoms after an animal sting. These symptoms may include fever, headache, ill touch, loss of appetite, or well up glands .